Dartmouth College exists to prepare the most promising students for a lifetime of learning and of responsible leadership launched by a focus on intellectual and personal growth in a residential liberal arts community. Thus, Student Affairs fosters the integration of learning and student life, with a view toward students' contributions to the world beyond Dartmouth. At Dartmouth, our goal is that the ways that students live, learn, and lead seamlessly intersect to create a community of learners and doers.
Whether through co-curricular innovations, advising and academic enhancement programs, student organizations, residential education, health and wellness programming, faith and cultural identity support, service and professional development, or traditional College celebrations, we seek to empower all students to reach their full potential as critical thinkers who live, work, and serve in complex communities.
In partnership with students, faculty, staff, and alumni, we foster a learning environment that
- Integrates intellectual, personal, and professional development into all students’ experiences
- Constructively engages and strengthens our community
- Critically examines values, beliefs, systems, and structures
- Expects and assists students in holding themselves and each other accountable for a community that is welcoming, inclusive, and equitable
- Embraces challenge as opportunities for growth and celebrates achievements